Education International is the Global Union Federation that brings together organisations of teachers and other education employees from across the world. Through our 386 member organisations, we represent more than 32.5 million teachers and education support personnel in 178 countries and territories.
What we stand for
As the global voice of teachers and education support personnel we:
- Champion free, quality, publicly funded education for every student in every country.
- Represent and promote the interests of teachers and education support personnel at the international level.
- Assist the development of independent democratic organisations to represent teachers and all education employees and help build solidarity and cooperation between them.
- Support the development of teacher qualifications and the recognition of teachers as professionals.
- Defend and promote democracy, peace, social justice, and human rights, including trade union rights and the right to education.
- Advocate for equity in society. All our policies, programmes and advocacy efforts aim to advance social justice and challenge all forms of discrimination.