Education International is an independent global union federation that is run by its member organisations representing more than 32 million education workers. At Congress every four years, officers and an Executive Committee are elected. The EI Secretariat, working under the elected General Secretary, consists of a staff of seventy people who are committed to working in the interest of public education and education personnel. Our staff members work in both the headquarters in Brussels, Belgium as well as in our regional offices in Lebanon, Ghana, Malaysia and Costa Rica. We are looking for dedicated individuals who possess not only the relevant experience and professionalism, but also the following core competencies:
- Excellent level of spoken and written English, plus knowledge of at least one of our three other official languages, German, French and Spanish;
- A keen interest in issues related to education and trade union matters;
- Ability to work at an international level in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Ability to balance multiple demands and deadlines with composure;
- An excellent knowledge of IT, particularly as applied to their field of expertise.
Working conditions are in accordance with the Education International collective agreement. Education International offers employee benefits including medical, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan and generous holiday and leave benefits. EI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, national or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age. However, due to the international character of our organisation, emphasis is given to geographical balance when recruiting.
Internship opportunities are available from time to time. Please feel free to contact us to see if an internship position is available.