- Provide capacity building programmes for education unions with a special focus on those in low income countries and emerging democracies; with special attention to the Arab region.
- Develop pro-active recruitment and organising strategies, including political organising; with special focus on young, early stage teachers and researchers and to education support staff.
- Encourage unity among democratic organisations and help to improve democratic governance.
- Promote peace, democracy, social justice, and equality.
- Build solidarity and mutual cooperation among member organisations.
- Promote agreed EI global policies, including the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, support for quality education and opposition to privatisation and commercialisation of public education.
The opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect any official policies or positions of Education International.