The Department of Basic Education in South Africa and teacher unions have launched a COVID-19 vaccination programme with the support and participation of Education International affiliates.South Africa: Unions welcome plan for vaccine roll-out for teachers and education personnel
Around 170 education unionists from 55 countries shared success stories in ensuring decent working conditions for education workers in an online meeting organised by Education International.Education unions’ success in improving working conditions and status for the profession despite COVID-19 crisis
Gender-based violence in and around schools poses big challenges to education unions and their members. Because everyone in and around schools – teachers, students, education support personnel - can be both perpetrator and victim of such violence, school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) is a violation of both the right to quality...#16dayscampaign | “When teachers’ unions take action, schools become safer for everyone”, by madeleine kennedy-macfoy (EI) and Rex Fyles (Gender at Work).
Unions and governments have been in conflict since the dawn of time. The mere existence of unions as a force to defend workers’ rights where governments fail to do so in and of itself leads to this conflictual relationship. In Africa, unions have rarely been consulted during the COVID-19 crisis...“Africa: Collaboration between Unions and Governments for a Better Future in Education”, by Cherine Sabry.
Member organisations celebrate World Teachers’ DayMember organisations celebrate World Teachers’ Day
Governments and Teacher Unions renew their working commitmentGovernments and Teacher Unions renew their working commitment
Education unions take action to end school-related gender-based violence
Os Sindicatos da Educação tomam medidas para acabar com a violência de género no âmbito escolar
- http://www.naptosa.org.za [email protected] tel: +27 (12) 324.13.65 tel: +27 (12) 324.52.14 fax: +27 (12) 324.13.66P.O. Box 572 Pretoria 001
- http://www.natu.org.za [email protected] tel: +27-35-7721608 tel: +27-35-7722401 fax: +27-35-7721651P.O. Box 716 Empangeni, 3880
- http://www.peuoffice.com [email protected] tel: +27 (11) 403.29.90 tel: +27 (11) 403.29.91 fax: +27 (11) 339.82.46P.O. Box 32838 2017 Braamfontein
- Postnet Suite 106 Private Bag X 5 1630 Aston Manor Gauteng
- http://www.saou.co.za [email protected] tel: +27 (12) 4360900 tel: +27 (83) 306.93.17 fax: +27 (12) 348.96.58P.O. Box 90120 Garsfontein 0042 Gauteng