Education International represents organisations of teachers and other education employees across the globe.
It is the world’s largest federation of unions, representing more than thirty-two million education employees in about four hundred organisations in one hundred and seventy countries and territories, across the globe. Education International unites all teachers and education employees.
- Education International promotes the principle that quality education, funded publicly, should be available to every student in every country .
- Education International promotes and represents the interests of teachers and other education employees on the international level.
- Education International assists the development of independent democratic organisations to represent teachers and other education employees and builds solidarity and cooperation between them.
- Education International advocates for equity in society. It combats racism and xenophobia. It challenges discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and racial or ethnic origin or characteristics.
- Education International works with other global federations of unions and other kindred organisations to promote and achieve solidarity.
Education International is the voice for education employees across the globe.
the interests of teachers and other education employees.
equity in society.