Training of Trainers Toolkit on the ILO Violence And Harassment Convention (No. 190) and Recommendation (No. 206)
The historical adoption of the ILO Violence and Harassment Convention 190 (C190) and Recommendation 206 (R206) in 2019 by the International Labour Conference has created a new momentum in the fight against violence and harassment – including gender-based violence and harassment - in the world of work.
Violence and harassment in the world of work is a daily reality for millions of workers in all sectors, occupations, and work arrangements. Gender-based violence and harassment is the most widespread form of violence and harassment in the world of work, affecting women disproportionately.
How to use this toolkit
This manual is primarily for workers’ educators and facilitators as well as trade union staff and representatives, to develop training programmes for trade union staff, leaders, representatives, or members.
The toolkit is comprised of the facilitators guide and the activities workbook. It is intended to be a flexible and lively resource. It can be used in its entirety, working through the facilitators guide and the supporting activities workbook. Or you can use the different sections of the toolkit to support existing learning programmes, or plan specific programmes depending on local and individual needs.
The Facilitators Guide contains:
- Briefings on the key issues
- Examples of good practice and language developed by other unions
- Further resources that might be useful for additional information and learning.
The Activities Workbook contains:
- Facilitators notes, describing objectives, intended outcomes and instructions on how to run the activity
- Participants’ activity sheets
- Further resources that might be useful for the session.