Education International (Equal Opportunity Employer) invites applications for the post of Regional Coordinator (temporary post).
Role and responsibilities
The person appointed will be required:
- to implement development programmes and activities across the region but, particularly, in the Indian sub-continent. They will be based in the Regional office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but will be required to undertake a significant amount of travel within the region;
- to work, in collaboration with other EI staff at regional and head office level, in advocating and implementing EI’s policies and working programmes;
- to undertake missions to, and consultations with, EI’s member organisations in the region and regional governing and non-governing bodies;
- to participate in the development of co-operation development projects, to co-ordinate and assist in the implementation of such projects and to ensure the application of EI’s policies in respect of development co-operation activities;
- to assist in the preparation and organisation of EI Regional Committee and Regional Conference meetings and of other regional meetings, such as seminars, round tables, etc.;
- to assist with the administration of the EI Regional Office;
- to undertake such other appropriate tasks as are assigned from time to time;
- to acquire and maintain relevant professional knowledge and skills by participating in appropriate training and other activities as required from time to time.
- Self-motivated and systematic;
- Good organisational and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to collaborate and to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Education and Professional experience
- A university degree or its equivalent in education or a field related to the duties and responsibilities;
- Fluency in Hindi and English (written and spoken) are essential qualifications for the post. A knowledge of other regional languages would be an advantage;
- Relevant experience and, especially, experience of working in trade unions and/or in international organisationsand/or in the development co-operation and/or education areawould be an advantage;
- Knowledge and skills in the use of the MS Office Suite and of the information technologies.
Salary and Conditions of Service
An attractive salary and conditions package will apply to the post. Appointment will be to an appropriate point of Regional salary Scale depending on professional qualifications and experience. Details will be available on application.
All EI staff are accountable to the General Secretary, either directly or through designated staff members. The person appointed to this post will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Regional Co-ordinator for Asia Pacific. If the needs of the organisation so require, staff members may be requested to perform appropriate duties related to another position, either on a temporary or permanent basis, provided that these duties correspond to the level of their position and that their professional experience and training is adequate. Position descriptions are not definite and may be adapted.
Applications, outlining in detail how the candidate meets the criteria set out above and containing details of professional qualifications and experience, should be submitted in confidence to :
Shashi Bala Singh
Chief Regional Coordinator
c/o EI Asia Pacific Regional Office
No. 53-B, Jalan Telawi Tiga
59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(e-mail : [email protected])