The Teacher-led Learning Circles for Formative Assessment project aims to provide teachers with tools and support to identify and establish effective teacher-led formative assessment practices that can be disseminated within and across education unions.
The project is led by Education International with funding from the Jacobs Foundation.
The Teacher-led Learning Circles for Formative Assessment project will operate across classroom, national, and international contexts from 2023 to 2026. The project is being developed in seven countries, with the support of Education International member organisations:
- Brazil - Confederação Nacional dos Trabalhadores em Educação (CNTE)
- Côte d’Ivoire - Syndicat National de l'Enseignement Primaire Public de Côte d'Ivoire (SNEPPCI)
- Ghana - Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT)
- Malaysia - National Union of the Teaching Profession (NUTP)
- South Korea - Korean Teachers and Education Workers' Union (KTU)
- Switzerland - Dachverband Lehrerinnen und Lehrer Schweiz (LCH)
In each country, the project features three learning circles providing professional development for groups of teachers in order to support their leadership of educational development projects, including understanding and use of formative assessment practices.